Fantasy Football Origin Stories is part of the Sports History Network – The Headquarters For Sports Yesteryear.
In this 12th episode, Jim Coventry rides shotgun in the DeLorean, to take us back in time and learn about his Fantasy Football Origin Story. We talk about many topics, including:
- Jim’s first recollections of fantasy football
- Some stories of fantasy football in the 90s
- The 1996 National Competition he won
- His origin story as a fantasy analyst, now with RotoWire
- His “2021 King’s Classic” championship run (a draft at the Fantasy Football Expo)
- The transition from redraft to DFS, and now even more focus on the betting landscape
- Tips on trying to break into the industry
- Much more
JIM COVENTRY BIO
***This is pulled straight from his RotoWire page.****
Coventry was a finalist for the FSWA football writer of the year in 2022. He started playing fantasy football in 1994 and won a national contest in 1996. He also nabbed five top 50 finishes in national contests from 2008 to 2012 before turning his attention to DFS.
He’s been an industry analyst since 2007, though he joined RotoWire in 2016. A published author, Coventry wrote a book about relationships, “The Secret of Life”, in 2013.