Fantasy Football Origin Stories is part of the Sports History Network – The Headquarters For Sports Yesteryear.
In this second episode, Dave Richard rides shotgun in the DeLorean, to take us back in time and learn about his Fantasy Football Origin Story. We talk about many topics, including:
- Dave’s first recollection of fantasy football (his first-ever draft pick holds a special place in my heart)
- The origin story that resulted in working on one of the most popular fantasy football podcasts, Fantasy Football Today, a CBS Sports Podcast
- Some of Dave’s most memorable moments in fantasy football
- His “fantasy superpower”
- What podcasting was like way back in the beginning
- Some advice if you’re looking to “break into the industry”
- Much more
If you’re a fan of the Fantasy Football Today podcast, this episode will give you some insight into one of your favorite hosts. If you’ve never heard of the Fantasy Football Today podcast, this episode will make you fall in love with one of the O.G. analysts and want to start listening today. Either way, fantasy football fan or not, this is a fun interview. So sit back, relax, and crank that baby up to 88mph!!!
DAVE RICHARD BIO
*** Bio from the CBS Sports website***
Dave Richard has spent nearly his entire career covering the National Football League. Beginning with NFL.com at the boom of the Internet, Richard was that site’s first Fantasy Football writer before transitioning to CBS Sports in 2006.
Since then he’s crunched the numbers, studied the film, developed tiers and trade charts, previewed every NFL game, talked to the decision makers, spoken on the radio, appeared on live television, earned multiple honors and watched a lot of football. And he’s done it with one goal in mind: to help you win your league.