Fantasy Football Origin Stories is part of the Sports History Network – The Headquarters For Sports Yesteryear.
In this 22nd episode, Anthony Cervino rides shotgun in the DeLorean, to take us back in time and learn about his Fantasy Football Origin Story. We talk about many topics, including:
- Anthony’s first recollections of fantasy football
- Why he became a Dallas Cowboys fan
- His Fantasy Football Origin Story, going from a car salesman to full-time in the football industry
- His role at RotoWire
- What Faceoff Sports Network and Fantasy Faceoff Podcast are all about
- A history of why he started the Mental Health Podathan (in partnership with Hayden Hurst Foundation)
- Advice for anyone looking to get into the fantasy football space
- Advice for anyone interested in creating their own rankings
- Much more
GUEST NAME BIO
Anthony Cervino is a lifelong NFL enthusiast, especially of the Dallas Cowboys. He has been infatuated with the game since childhood and was introduced to fantasy football as a young teen. Back then, the league commissioner typed out the weekly newsletter and used the Daily News to tally scores. In a statistic-driven game of fantasy football, Anthony believes that sometimes you have to rely on that good ole gut instinct.
Anthony resides in New Jersey where he lives with his wife, son, and a pomeranian that is named Roman (after Tony Romo). When Anthony is not immersed in the NFL or fantasy football-related activities, he enjoys bodybuilding and spending time with his family. Anthony is committed to giving you his best analysis and most accurate statistics to help you win championships.
Don’t hesitate to tweet Anthony @therealnflguru about anything NFL or fantasy-related topics. He will always respond in a timely fashion.